Stuff you should do by October 17, 2017
If you are in How To make Stuff in 2017, you should do the following things before class on October 17.
- Get your Arduino running. I wrote up some instructions, but the internet can help you if you get stuck.
- Obtain a Raspberry Pi Zero W. The cheapest way to do this is to buy one for $4.99 at Microcenter in Cambridge, but they will only sell you one at that price. If you're short on time and can spare a few dollars, you can order one from Adafruit for $10 plus shipping. Do not accidentally buy a Raspberry Pi Zero or some other thing that does not end in "Zero W."
- If you have a Windows 10 computer, install the Windows Subsystem for Linux and ConEmu. You will know that you have succeeded when you can execute two commands: git and ssh.
- If you have an older Windows computer, send me an email, and I'll help you install Cygwin (or you can give it a try, if you're brave).
- If you have a Mac, install Git.
- If you have a Linux computer, install Git using your package manager.